Monday 8 July 2013

Health for Wealth Day 8 - Market tour

Back to Bangkok! YAY! This time, I was awake for the 3 hour bus ride but opted to stay onboard during the pitstop. It was raining heavily (first day of rain!) and I wasn't hungry. Kate and I were actually quite productive during the trip, and spent most of our time brainstorming for our blog posts and reflecting on all our visits. Thankfully the rain eased off as we cruised back in to Bangkok and just in time for the Indian Market tour.


Somewhere along a highway
Back at the Ibis Siam. View from room 1020

We had just over an hour to do our own exploration before meeting down the road. It was hot, cramped and smelly. Plus, I have a feeling we weren't at the Indian Markets - I think we hadn't walked far enough and were still in China Town. I didn't purchase anything and unfortunately we all left fairly unimpressed.







Motorbikes and scooters squeeze through the crowds
A procession of monks
A driver waiting for his next fare

It was a quiet night tonight thankfully. Dinner consisted of noodles from the 7/11 downstairs for 13 THB. May not sound exciting, but they had dehydrated prawns, I was tired, it was easy to prepare, and it was tasty! I wish I could fill my bag with these noodles to bring home!





____________________________________________________________________________________

Travel tip 11: Drinking water is extremely cheap: around 13 baht from the 7/11 for over 1L. Also, you are usually provided a bottle or two upon check-in at your hotel, and bottles are supplied on bus tours.

Travel tip 12: Both Ibis hotels had powerpoints with built-in adaptors which was handy for my Australian devices (and meant both powerpoints could be used at the same time)! Still take your adaptors, and get one that also has a USB plug, saving the need for a separate adaptor for your USB-charging devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment