Thursday 6 June 2013

The Long Haul



This sums up my existence for the past 5 weeks. I have only one week of clinical placement left, and I am (just quietly) very excited to see the end of this stressful, unpaid, emotional and tiring period of time. I have been at two different hospitals gaining experience in the areas of paediatrics, medical-surgical and mental health. 

I'd hoped to have had time to blog about my experiences whilst on clinical, but evidently have not. I won't bore you with detail now, but between waking up at 4:30am and coming home to work on written assignments, I have not had time for life; let alone even begin to consider locations for my New Graduate application or think about my upcoming Thailand trip. I can reveal that I do plan on blogging about the phenomenon of 'nurses eating their young' - feel free to contact me if you have details or experiences you would like to share!

Only 11 days now until I will be aboard a plane bound for Thailand - I can almost count down the days on two hands! During this time, I will be finishing my last week in mental health, applying for a New Graduate program, buying last minute travel items/clothing, studying for an exam, packing, and finding time for sleep! Everything important for Thailand is sorted (I think!). Flights- check. Accommodation- check. Travel insurance- check. Travel details registered- check. Cultural tours- check. Sitting down with a book and a cocktail following a swim and a massage, then getting stuck into Thailand's health care system- pending...

No comments:

Post a Comment