Tuesday 14 May 2013

ISBAR

Well, welcome to the inner-most thoughts of a passionate nursing student! This blog is intended to be a space where I can share and reflect on clinical experiences and whatever else may cross my mind, or to merely entertain the occasional visitor.


I am currently completing the last few months of a Bachelor of Nursing, with the deadline of New Graduate applications looming (eeeeek!). This journey of becoming a Registered Nurse has been challenging, albeit empowering. The last three-and-a-half years have consisted of deadlines, essays, tears, happiness, clinical experiences, long hours, new friends, exams, triumphs, learning curves, medications, COFFEE... the list really could go on.


So, I have started blogging now for a few reasons:


Firstly, a normal day for me involves having a million and one thoughts trapped in my head. I'm not one to write down thoughts on paper, so here I am. 

Secondly, I question a lot of things about the health industry and my own practice, and this will be a fantastic forum for reflection.

Lastly, I incredibly got offered one of twenty scholarships through my university; for an experiential nursing learning program. Titled 'Health for Wealth: Nursing in Developing Economies', the program will take place from 30 June to 12 July 2013, and I plan on documenting every single exciting detail about this amazing experience!

In the days to come I will explain a little more about this program and why I chose nursing as my future career. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment